Free impartial assistance is offered from all Community Health Centers.
Marketplace Application Checklist
When you apply for or renew your coverage in the Health Insurance Marketplace, you’ll need to provide some information about you and your household, including income, any insurance coverage you currently have, and some additional items.
Use the checklist below to help you gather what you need to apply for coverage. Open Enrollment for 2016 health coverage ended January 31, 2016. If you didn't enroll by January 31, 2016, you can't enroll in a health insurance plan for 2016 unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. Open Enrollment for 2017 coverage began November 1, 2016 and runs through January 31, 2017. Sign up by December 15, 2016 for coverage starting January 1, 2017.
- Home and/or mailing addresses for everyone applying for coverage.
- Social Security Numbers.
- Document information for legal immigrations. Visit HealthCare.gov/help/immigration-document-types for more information.
- Employer and income information for every member of your household (for example, from pay stubs or W-2 forms—Wage and Tax Statements).
- Your best estimate of what your household income will be in 2017.
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household.
- A completed “Employer Coverage Tool” for every job-based plan you or someone in your household is eligible for. (You’ll need to fill out this form even for coverage you’re eligible for but don’t enroll in.)
Visit HealthCare.gov/downloads/employer-coverage-tool.pdf to view or print the tool.
- Notices from your current plan that include your plan ID, if you have or had health coverage in 2016.